One of functions of the Technical Department of PROAS is the "Technical Support" to customers recommending and advising the most appropriate products to the requested applications.
Two different techniques can be distinguished when considering road construction:
- Cold Techniques: Road mixes manufacture and surface dressing are done using bituminous emulsions.
- Hot Techniques: Conventional or polymer modified bitumens are used to obtain road mixes.
PROAS offers its Technical Support either for cold and hot techniques and mainly covering the following points:
- Evaluation of aggregates to be used.
- Mixture formula development (*)
- Support during laying-out.
- Problems resolution during construction works
- Proposal of new pavement structures (*)
- Chracterisation of the binders used
- Any other matter related to binders
(*) To be duly authorized and suprvised by the Administration
The Technical Support covers also the Auxiliary Materials for building manufactured by PROAS. Therefore, PROAS, when requested, may either recommend the most appropriate material for a particular application or the best application of an auxiliary material.
Referred to Auxiliary Materials for building, technical support deals with the following subjects:
- Paving of tennis courts.
- Paving of parkings.
- Paving of cycleways.
- Waterproofings of walls.
- Horizontal waterproofings.
- Joints sealants.