BioLAS enables us to meet the objectives set by the European Commission, assuring that 30% of our chemicals production comes from bio sources. We focus on efficient production of biosurfactants using vegetable based oils and fats.
How did we do it?
We developed biosurfactants based on linear alklybenzene sulfonates (LAS) from vegetable oil paraffins and we divide our project into 4 areas:
- Production of bioparaffins
We aim to optimize production of bioparaffins through hydro-treatment.
- Production of biosurfactants
We synthesize bio origin surfactants from paraffins taken from vegetable oil.
- Synthesis of new catalyst
We produce a new alkylation catalyst that is more active, selective and resistant to deactivation.
- Evaluation of the environmental impact of Biosurfactants
We apply the Life Cycle Analysis to observe the environmental impact of products compared with fossil fuel products
- We produce paraffins from vegetable oils
- We select paraffins to produce new biosurfactants
- We study the activity and selectivty of new alklyation catalysts
- We ensure that there are no differences in detersive behavior between alklybenzene from vegetable or fossil source