We are leaders in the production of linear alklybenzene and we have developed one of the most efficient technologies to produce it. Detal technology allows us to produce linear alyklbenzene (LAB), the raw material used to make biodegradable detergents (LAS), in an optimum way.
The main producers of LAB/LABSA worldwide use our technology, and at Cepsa we are still investigating to improve this process.
- Reducing our water footprint
- Reduce the use of raw materials (no use of hydrofluoric acid)
- Condensing the discharge parameters
- Decrease C02 emissions
How did we do it?
At a research level we are looking to improve the alkylation catalyst and its production processes to achieve a more sustainable LAB.
The project looks to achieve an improvement in the catalyst to boost the efficiency of the process, lower energy consumption, reduce the formation of byproducts, and produce a more sustainable LAS.
- We increase the efficiency of the Puente Mayorga chemical plant in Cadiz and reduce its emissions thanks to lower energy and electricity consumption
- We flexibly achieve all types of commercial LAB grades (high and low 2-phenyl) within a single chemical facility